Question

Explain why it is dangerous to replace a fuse wire by a copper wire?

Solution

Copper does not possess low melting point and high resistivity-the basic desirable features of a fuse material. In the event of short circuit, a copper fuse will not be able to generate sufficient heat to melt itself and thus it will not blow. This will allow the short circuit to persist for long causing insulation failure of the general wiring and ultimately leading to fire hazard.

Share this solution

WhatsApp
Facebook
Telegram

Related Question